Sunday, December 12, 2010

WASH AND GO

Peace and blessings people,
So, you are probably wondering why I did a W&G on the middle of December.... Well, as I was updating the blog last night, my cousin (by marriage, whom I've never met before)walked in and the rest was a wrap. Rekita's hair is natural and she wears it in it's natural state. Her curls were so defined and health looking...so me being me began interviewing her (which I will be posting). -_-

One of the products that she uses to define her curls is Cantu Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment. I thought she was referring to the leave in treatment which is what I used in my hair for the braid-out that I have posted but it's another product of the Cantu line...So, seeing the results of her hair, I thought I'd give it a try.

So earlier today I watched her set her hair with this Cantu butter. She washed, towel dried and sectioned her hair off...Next she began taking pieces from the section, applying the product , and brushing it through with a denman brush. When she was done her hair was full of curls. Now I've seen this process done plenty of times but I've never seen results like this before.....So off to Target I went.... I purchases 2 Cantu Grow Strong Strengthening Treatments (one for her and one for me), and on my way to the register I saw an end cap full of ELF products on sale. Ladies, if you know anything about ELF, they have really nice makeup products for dirt cheap. I purchase and eyeshadow set of 8 color with an eyeliner/brush for $5...I said let me get out of here NOW before I go crazy...So I dashed back in the car and headed home to try this new product...you know how it is when you get a new product, you can't get home quick enough to try it.
So step by step, this is what I did:
-  EVOO/water mix first and let it sit for about an hour
- Cowashed hair with Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle conditioner
- Braided hair in 5 sections with 2nd round of conditioner
- Rinsed out and towel blotted hair
- Took one braid out, sprayed with EVOO/water mix ONCE
- Sectioned off pieces and began to apply product
- Brushed through with a denman brush
- Repeated last 3 steps until my whole head was completed.
I don't really agree with the whole 'number/letter' hair type chart but just to give you a visual, her hair type is 4A(blow dried) and 3C (wet) per Rekita. Now when my hair is wet its straight in some areas, curly in some areas, and puffy/frizzy in some...so with that being said, I don't know what my hair type is!

I will say I was impressed with the product but my hair is just uncontrollable in some areas, mainly the very center of my hair. It has a mind of it's own and it doesn't co-operate when I need it to. The product defined my curls with the help of the brush, but just couldn't get that middle under control. So I went back, rewet just the top of my hair, and applied Eco styler gel (Olive Oil) to the frizzy section to try to get more definition in my curls.
I will post pictures of the outcome....


Just applied product..still wet


Closer shot of curls (head hanging down)


75% Dry and sampling my new Elf products

So there you have it.....Now I will tell you, my hair looks better in the picture than in person.
I have NO IDEA what my hair is going to look like in the morning but I can already foresee I'm going to have a problem.
Product rating ~LOVING IT~

Signing off, Chan/PJ1

No comments:

Post a Comment