Friday, December 3, 2010

Product Review - Pooka Pure & Simple Shea & Olive Hair Butter

Went to Whole Foods yesterday in search of one thing but stopped by the Health and Beauty section first. While browsing, I came across a brand by the name - Pooka Pure & Simple. I picked up the hair butter as it looked interesting and after reading the ingredients, being the product junkie I am, I tossed it in my cart.

Pooka Pure & Simple Shea & Olive Hair Butter:
 


From the website - This blend of Shea Butter & Olive oil moisturizes hair and scalp. Rosemary essential oil stimulates hair growth and Lavender essential to soothe the scalp.

Ingredients: Shea Butter, Olive Oil, Beeswax, Rosemary Oil, Lavendar Oil, Fragrance

The consistency is that of a hair cream. It emulsifies into an oil when you place in your hands before applying to your hair. A little goes a long way with this hair butter. It's not heavy however if you are heavy handed when it comes to applying product beware as I can see how this could potentially make your hair greasy. One thing that may be "off-putting" to some is the smell. The scent of this hair butter is Strong with a capital S for emphasis. But, with that being said the scent is quite pleasant (in my opinion). It smells sweet with a herbal twist which I am thinking comes from the Rosemary and Lavendar Oils. I personally love the scent and found that it doesn't linger long after you apply it to your hair.

I also like the fact that it contains beeswax which some may not like. The beeswax makes this product behave like a pomade in my hair - controlling the frizzies, smoothing down my edges and keeping little flyaway hairs in place.

Lastly, since the ingredients are all natural it doubles as a body butter.

Overall - a good product. Since a little goes a long way I will probably will not repurchase any time soon. I can see this jar lasting me for months and months.

Thanks! PJ3, AW

PS - for those who are curious, feel free to come by and sample the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment