Thursday, December 2, 2010

INTERVIEW WITH SHARA

PJ-1:Why did you decide to ‘go natural’?
SHARA: I had been thinking about going natural probably since my early 20s. I wanted locs at first... But didn't have the guts to cut all my hair off. Years passed and the natural idea never left my mind. I really decided I would not perm my hair anymore when I saw a young lady in the salon get her hair pressed and she didn't have a perm (it looked so nice!). I think the more I matured, I became more conscious about being African American...hence I wanted to embrace all that came along with being of African decent, most distinctly...my real hair texture.

PJ-1How long have you been natural?
SHARA: My last perm was Nov. 2, 2007. I cut off all the remaining relaxer exactly a year later Nov. 7, 2008. A little over 2 yrs ago now.

PJ-1 What do you do when you’re having a bad hair day?
SHARA: If I can't wear a hat I try to make it neat, walk with confidence as if it's suppose to look like it does, and keep it moving

PJ-1:How often do you apply heat to your hair?
SHARA: I don't really keep track. Its whenever I'm in the mood to straighten it...is all based on my mood.

PJ-1:5. What hair styles do you get the most compliments on?
SHARA: Twists, twist outs, up-do's, and straight

PJ-1:What product are you really feeling right now?
SHARA: Kizzie's Stay-Put hair pomade by carol's daughter, evoo, evco, Trader Joe's tea tree tingle conditioner, shea butter (raw), eggs & mayonnaise as a conditioner, castor oil creme (jar with the pink top) by bronner bros, super gro by bronner bros, apple cider vinegar tonic for the scalp, miss jessie's curly buttercreme, and h2o (water)!

PJ-1....And she is an example of a true product junkie...I asked what PRODUCT is she really feeling right now and she gave a LIST! LOLOL
ME IN 2007

THE BIG CHOP NOV 7, 2008

ME TURNING 29

ME NOW...

No comments:

Post a Comment