Wednesday, July 6, 2011

INTERVIEW WITH DANIELA

PJ: HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN NATURAL?
DANIELA: I have always been natural with long hair until April 2011

PJ: WHY DECIDE TO GO NATURAL?
DANIELA: I had always been natural. It was just this one day I decided to go to the Dominican hair salon on my wedding day to get my hair done since my original beautician had canceled. I was so nervous that I didn’t even notice that the beautician placed a relaxer in my hair until my scalp was on fire. An me with scabs all over my head but not visible to view “THANK GOD”.  Which not only stripped my hair but I lost all of my natural curls to my hair along with the volume.

PJ: DID YOU DO A BIG CHOP OR TRANSITION?
DANIELA: I consider it big because it was lengthy hair. So yes, I cut it to my ear loop and gradually cut the rest of the relaxer out/damage hair .

PJ: WHAT DO YOU DO ON 'BAD HAIR' DAYS?
DANIELA: Wet -N-Go is my best friend!!!

PJ: DO YOU HAVE A SIGNATURE HAIR STYLE?
DANIELA: Right now I am in the middle stage where my hair growth is in between and no style can` save it. So it is Wet-N-Go for now. I am looking to try something new very soon.

PJ: WHAT ADVICE CAN YOU GIVE SOMEONE WHO'S STRUGGLING IN THEIR TRANSITION?
DANIELA: Be patient, the reward is to see your hair in a much healthier state. Look in the magazines to get ideas of styles that maybe you can switch too and read blogs like this one to get ideas.

PJ: WHAT PRODUCT(S) ARE YOU REALLY FEELING RIGHT NOW?
DANIELA: Well I use Carol Daughter. Honestly it was given to me from my brother & his girlfriend for the repair of my hair as a Christmas Gift (That tells you how bad it was looking, LOL). Seriously, the product lasted since December 2010 and It is the best investment ever!!! All you need is a drop of the product and not over use it. I don’t use it every day because of course I am nervous of it being still a product with chemicals.

PJ: DO YOU SEE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR HAIR SINCE ITS NATURAL VS WHEN IT WAS RELAXED? IF SO, WHAT?
DANIELA: Of course!!!! It is ALIVE. The natural curls are completely back, fuller, healthier and shine is better. Oh, let’s not forget the horrible split-ends are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!


PJ: DID YOU RECEIVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FROM FAMILY/FRIENDS WHEN YOU DECIDED TO GO NATURAL? IF SO, HOW DID YOU DEAL WITH IT?
DANIELA: No in fact it was encouraged to get my hair healthier from my immediate family members but since I had always had  long hair. The family and some friends wasn’t too thrilled about my hair being temporary short and now I am scissor happy. Trying to be patient LOL….. ( I so want to cut it again)

PJ: I LOVE MY NATURAL HAIR BECAUSE...
DANIELA: It is at its healthiest at the age of 31. The last time it was like this was probably when I was 15 years OLD. I feel as though your outside reflects your inside; so if I feel beautiful on the outside I know my insides are gorgeous ROTF.



RELAXED JUNE 2010

RELAXED JUNE 2010

NATURAL 2011

NATURAL 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment