Monday, May 23, 2011

MY MAKEOVER STORY

From the time I walked in the studio I thought I was about to do a fashion show....Back drops being set up, makeup being laid out, spot lights being put in place, wardrobe was being pushed to one side, and upbeat music being played in the background (Michael Jackson, Katy Perry, and Beyonce is what I remember hearing...People are dropping in one by one to add another piece to their chance at their big break.

So, my purpose of being there was a little different. I was there to get my hair done and as a extra bonus a photo shoot was thrown in. My quick weave was done by a stylist that works out of NYC name Shaquana. she made my quick weave into a wig. This process was done by braiding my hair in 3 cornrows, covering my hair with a plastic shower cap, applying a stocking cap over that, and then start the bonding process. After the bonding process was complete, Shaquana took the whole thing off my hair, peeled the shower cap off of the stocking cap, and put the cap back on my head.... It was then cut up and styled into a few hair styles to have a variety of looks in the photo shoot.  The hair that I used was the Remy Cuticle QX... This hair will be put to the test and I will keep you posted on the pros and cons.

My makeup was then done by make up artist Antonia Pettiford. She did an EXCELLENT job on every one's makeup and I sat and watched her makeup a 5 year old white girl to a middle age dark skin black woman and everything in between (guys included). She takes her job very serious and has fun doing it.
I'll post pictures of the photo shoot when I get the professional pics but here are 2 pics...1 of the hair after it was put in and one with hair and makeup.















No comments:

Post a Comment