Sunday, April 17, 2011

4 1/2 MONTH UPDATE ON MY BALD SPOTS

Hello all,
 I just want to give you guys and update on my bald spots that I presumed came from stress. I went to my primary care doctor first to see if she can diagnose me. She basically feed off of everything I told her and the end result was referring me to the dermatologist and a psychiatrist lol. I never made the appointment to speak with the psychiatrist but I went to the dermatologist. They did a strand test to rule out fungus, so they ended up telling me it was a case of alopecia (which is just a general term for  loss of hair). The doctor suggested I start getting a monthly cortisone injection right in the spots where the hair is lost. This is supposed to regrow the hair. I was told the time frame would range anywhere from 5-9 months before you see growth.
I still am not really sure to this day what caused the bald spots but I've been told by several people that had stress spots that the hair will grow back on it's own. After 3 injections, I took it upon myself to stop getting them and wait for my hair to grow back on its own. I really don't like taking medicine and/or injections...I'm more into doing things naturally. So, I cancelled my last dermatologist appointment and I'm gonna wait for my hair to regrow on it's own. It's going on 5 months and I still don't see any growth.
Here is an updated picture of my scalp...ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment