Friday, March 25, 2011

THE BAGGIE METHOD

Post from Lisa Jf:

The baggie method. Anyone have any rave reviews? I just learned about this last week and have been doing the baggie method for three days now. Basically what you do is coat your ends in a leave in conditioner of your choice followed by an oil of your choice (coconut and castor oil seem to be the preferred oils). Then you take a plastic bag, shower cap, or saran wrap and wrap around your ends. I personally put my hair in two braids and coat the ends with the oil. then I take two shower caps and wrap each braid end in a cap. I secure the cap with a metal free elastic. My biggest issue is length retention. My hair grows just fine, but i have a hard time having it grow past my mid back. Apparently the baggie method is the length retention fix. I only do this at night. I tried to baggie my whole head the first night and woke up with a wet head full of sweat. Going forward I will only baggie my whole head the night before I wash and DC. During the week, i will baggie my ends each night. So far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment