Thursday, February 24, 2011

HENNA UPDATE AND PRODUCT REVIEW

Hey all,
So do you want the good or bad news first? LOL

Ok, here's the bad. So, I gave myself a henna treatment for the 4th or 5th time yesterday. Now prior to purchasing henna I'd read up on henna via websites and blogs that one of the effects it has is that henna will loosen your curl. Well yesterday did it for me! After letting the henna sit in my hair overnight, I washed my hair out and noticed I barely had any curls left. I was upset to say the least.......Now I did notice a looser pattern the 3rd or 4th time after treating my hair but it was nothing to talk about. I've literally lost about 70% of my curls. I'm not sure what's in this stuff but I'm staying away for a while. I've been giving myself henna treatments about every 2-3 weeks now. Although I am satisfied with how soft, heavy, and healthy my hair feels, I'm so not with the side effect of loosening my curls to this extreme. My hair looks like I put a texturizer in it....Ugh! So, based on my experience, if you don't want this to happen to you I would either:
A) Not treat as often and/or
B) Only leave in for a few hours


Now on to the good....My new found conditioner....TRADER JOE'S HAS DONE IT AGAIN!!!!! This conditioner is the bomb for many reasons:
1) It's all natural
2) It has a nice slip (the consistency)
3) It detangles my hair
4) It smells good
5) It's $2.99
6) It's 2.99
7)It's $2.99 :-)
Enriched with Organic Botanicals. Balanced Hair Remoisturizer Ideal for Replenishing Dry, Brittle Hair. Adds Moisture and Manageability. Cruelty Free (Never Tested on Animals) - No Animal Products in Ingredients. Does Not Contain Harmful Laurel/Laureth Sulfates, Found in Most Personal Care Product Shampoos, Gels, Conditioners and Body Washes.

Where are you getting all of that for $2.99



The pics I'm posting are the results of my henna treatment  and the conditioner. I set my hair with coconut oil and a little Isoplus lock and twist creme for natural hair....(They are on the dark side but hopefully you can still see it.)




LATA,
 CHAN, PJ1

No comments:

Post a Comment