Wednesday, October 27, 2010

BRAID OUT W/CANTU

Hello Bloggers,
Just want to say I'm very new to this blogging thing. I'm constantly on blog sites getting new ideas, researching, and just trying to gain as much knowledge as I can about natural hair/natural health.

So lets jump right into it...after reviewing tons of tutorials, I decided to come home last night and try a braid out using the Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In  repairing cream. I did a cleanse with apple cider vinegar and EO chamomile and honey conditioner. Next, I sprayed my hair all over with my EVOO and water mix. Last I applied the Cantu all over my hair as a leave in and began to part and corn braid. When I was done, I had a total of  9 braids. I put a rod on the ends and sat under the dryer for about 20 mins (only because I was on my way to bed). 

Braid outs are a little different from twist outs. 1 thing I noticed is that you can't go too fast while taking the braids out and you can't mess with it that much. You will start to get frizz immediately. Over all I think I like it and the Cantu works well in my hair. It's not an all natural product but it has moisture, volume and it smells good. I'm hearing that you can't mix this product with other products or you will get a white, cottage cheese buildup effect on your hair. Product rating: ~Regular size~

No comments:

Post a Comment