Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Eat healthy to build stamina

FITNESS MANTRA

Amrita Rao, Actress

My Workout Regimen:
Over the years I have discovered that I have a fantastic metabollic rate. I also don't have a tendency to put on weight so I don't think twice about what I eat. My body is not meant for the gym as it looks toned alI the time. I can go on for weeks without exercising. But I do
believe that some kind of exercise is very important in our lives. So I prefer dancing rather than doing any other workout as it builds my stamina and gives flexibility to my body. I also do yoga as the deep breathing exercises are very helpful in our stressful lives. On account of pollution we don't deep-breathe any more. So these exercises are very good for our breathing system. It helps to fill our lungs with oxygen which is beneficial for the brain and skin.
My Daily Diet:
    
When I wake up I drink a bottle of water — one litre of water in a minute. The oxygen in water is good for the skin and helps to clear the system. This was prescribed to me by a neurotherapist Reza Bohrani who had told me about the benefits of water therapy. This method is difficult to follow initially for a couple of days. But after some time the body gets used to it. If I follow this regime everyday the water content of my body is satisfied even if I
manage to drink even one litre water during the rest of the day.
    As far as food is concerned, I don't follow a particular diet. I just eat the regular meals. I don't like to eat any fried stuff in the morning. So I normally gorge on a bowl of mixed vegetable juice and a bowl of soya for my breakfast. I am a strict vegetarian and love veggies like broccoli, sprouts, etc. I avoid food from outside. Even for my shoots I carry home food. A healthy lifestyle and smart snacking is very important. In the evening I munch an energy bar or a bowl of cut fruits. During my shoots I sip on a glass of chilled lime juice. In an hour I drink 2-3 glasses of this juice. I also have a proper dinner too and I feel that one must eat according to one's body type. I feel sorry when young girls starve and
sip only liquids to become thin. They should realise that it's not healthy for their body later on. One must eat healthy and build a good stamina for your age and not worry about the size as it all depends upon the bone structure of your body. We shouldn't feel conscious about how much we eat even when we are eating out with friends.
My Happiness Quotient
    
If I'm feeling a little low then I'll call up my close friends and probably just chat up with them. I feel that one must have somebody to talk to and if you have friends with a positive attitude around you then it is very good because they keep you motivated all the time. People with negative thoughts sow seeds of insecurity in you which definitely affects the mental being and actions of a person. So it's the company that you keep that matters a lot in your life.
My idea of relaxation
    
I would probably go for a good massage or read a good book or even just watch a good movie. Even going on a long drive relaxes me.
    As told to GLACXY FERRAO



No comments:

Post a Comment